Ten sections: animals, art, Christmas, entertainment cartoony, real people, jesters, musical, travel, ads, and topsy turvy. Most sections has subsections. Some subsections have sub-subsections. When a joker could be put in two or more places (ie a topsy joker with Mickey Mouse), I have rules for which takes precedence.
Today's count 7,456 😏 (Click for previous counts). The collection keeps growing and evolving. As of 1/1/21, all of the sections are now on the website but they are not current. I update my collection daily and my website less often.
I recently took a historical view of the American jokers: if that interests you, start with this article about Dougherty , ARRCO, or Standard Jokers Other views : how I frame jokers to put on the wall, whether I have all the jokers from the Joker Poster, and what resources I find useful.
- Animal Jokers
- Cats or Dogs
- Flyers: Bees, Birds, Owls, Butterflies, & Dragons
- Horses , zebras, donkeys, giraffes ...
- Monkeys, bears, and others with paws
- Animals with antlers, horns, and tusks
- Reptiles, amphibians, sea creatures
- Art and Artsy Jokers
- Beautiful art jokers including flowers, fruit, mermaids
- Card-themed Jokers (YES, this is intentional)
- Mystical, deathly, and devils. Pirates too.
- Christmas Jokers with angels and cherubs
- Entertainment Jokers: Animated
- Cartoons: Peanuts, Betty Boop, Alice In Wonderland
- Harry Potter Entertainment:
- Anime Japanese Jokers
- Real People
- Politicians: The binders now distinguish between American & European. Needs updating. Also, the American peoples such as Native Americans, American historical figures etc are in the travel section.
- Star Wars
- Movie Stars
- Musicians. There's an Elvis section.
- Comedians -TV Personalities Commentators
- Historical and contemporary American. (There's also an Americana symbols section)
- International: People of Color, Old Europeans with names, Old European stereotypes
- Plain people jokers (not celebrities)
- Pin Up Girlie Glamour Jokers (ie erotica and porn) is split into bikini girls (the essentials covered), illustrations, old fashioned, Asian, and harder core.
- Sports Jokers: Golf, Baseball, Football (American),
- Jester Jokers (not real people or celebrities)
- Dancing with or without jesters wands
- Performers with cards or without cards
- Juggling things
- Scatterman - The Cartamundi jester
- Sitting Jokers
- Jesters: Standing jesters with Wands, Walking Jesters with Wands, NO WAND (standing still or walking)
- Head Shots or Busts. On a stick, heads, hands no wand, hand with a wand
- Fighters! ie Jokers with swords, etc
- Clown Jokers
- Jokers, not jesters, standing (or walking)
- Musical Jokers - Note this excludes real musicians which are in the real people section.
- Travel Jokers (outdated post from 2017)
- Vehicles. This section is now split into:
- Vehicles: Sea & Air, Trains, Cars & Motorcycles 60+28+41
- Bicycle Jokers, Skater Jokers, Unicycle Jokers
- American places and Americana, Congress Jokers
- Non US Places
- Old Europeans with names, Old European stereotypes
- Chinese Jokers - Acquired Collection, Collected
- Cigarettes, Drink, Desserts and Candy 97 + 18
- Coca Cola Jokers 34
- Cars 35
- Public Interest Messages
- Logo type jokers, Geometric Designs 162
- Ads 63 Text based jokers 150
- Jokers promoting playing cards
- Topsy Turvy - This has subsections that mirror the overall organization. The big ones are:
- Large, small, and weird-shaped jokers
|Animals: Flyers - Bee Boy|
|Bicycle - Unicycle|