While I am primarily an aesthetic joker collector (focused on the images), I am growing interested in their history too. This article is part of a series where I review my historical jokers.- Dougherty
- NYCC jokers
- USPC Jokers including Bicycle, Congress
- National Card Company and Perfection too
- Kalamazoo and Russell - this article
- Arcco and Arrow
- The History of the Joker, the Ace of Spades, and the Stamp Act
- Questions about the symbols on face cards
- My old decks (historic enough to keep the joker with them) BTW: I’m new at this historical thing. Corrections, comments, or info gratefully accepted in the comments.
Here's the Moon Fairy back.
This Waterfall joker has the jumbo index on it. They were first introduced by USPC in 1895. Could this joker be from the first jumbo indices? It's on P102 as US34 Jumbo Index #88
Design joker 84 - missing
Army joker 84
Moon Fairy 87
Texan 94 - missing
Design 105 missing
Design shield 107 missing
Much sorting and research to do: any and all help and advice appreciated.